|Home||» Products||» Coating Inspection Instruments||» Testex Tape Press O Film|
Testex Tape Press O Film
Testex Tape is popularly called as Press-O-Film. Press-O-Film provides surface profile of a basted cleaned surface. It can produce virtually exact replicas of the blasted surface profile, which can be measured, using a snap gauge. Testex offers a simple and very accurate method of measuring blasted profiles.
Press-O-Film consists of layer of crushable plastic micro foam coated onto a polyester film of highly uniform thickness. Using surface profile gauge or testex tape can test surface roughness. Most commonly used testex tape as it can give permanent record of the surfaces.
Place the Testex Tape (Press-O-Film) firmly on the blasted surface, apply moderate pressure with the burnishing tool, the replica has now been taken and can be measured using the snap gauge. Testing & Inspection can be done in three easy steps. Detailed procedure is furnished with testex kit or tapes.
Testex Tape is supplied in a roll containing 50 tests and is available in four different grades to cater for different applications. The snap gauge is supplied in a carrying case with a burnishing tool.
- Paint applicators, inspectors and researchers for its simple operations and results prefers to use Testex tapes (Press-O-Film)
- Testex Tape (Press-o-film) complies with ASTM, NACE and SSPC methods measurement.
- ASTM- Reproducibility is given in ASTM Standard 4417-93 for both “X-coarse” and “coarse” grade replica tape.
- NACE- Standard RPo287-95 addresses the issue of accuracy of measurement, test results.
- SSPC- The Society for Protective Coatings, recommends a minimum of three measurements of profile per 100 square feet (10 square meters).
ISO- International Organization for Standards- Draft Standard ISO8503-5 describes preparation of steel substrates before application of paint and related products.
Testex kit comprises two rolls Press-O-Film (X Coarse supplied as standard, specify different grade if required), snap gauge and burnishing tool.
Testex Tape Press-O-Film
Coarse (range 20 to 51pm)
X Coarse (range 38 to 114 pm)
X Coarse Plus (range above 114pm)
Paint Grade (range 32 to 85 pm)
Testex Snap Gauge (1/2 pm resolution)